Saturday 15 September 2012

The generation above me seem to have rolled in on the wave of the 70s freedoms and high employment, few people at university into jobs and management. They inherited the businesses their parents formed post WWII. They got into the oil industry when it was turning up and taking a number. They got training on the job.

My generation hit the wall of unemployment and the middle classes waterloo caused by the upper working class when took bachelors and later masters degrees into commodity land.

The generation before me got apprenticeships and quick HND's and then became technically endowed enough to be my managers today.

But the generation after me, they learned a bit from our mistakes and got better, faster, harder educations with MBx and came up our lazy clever asses. We were the last lazy clevers.

After us everyone believed work came first in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment